Certified Malaysian Translators Minimize Legal Term Errors
The translation of legal documents can be a bit frustrating, especially when looking online for experienced legal translators. Many services offer a generic translation of text. Often such translation services do not give the proper legal terms.
When looking for a translator you need
• Services that can create legal documents online
• Provide information on how to make a document legal
• Services that provide a certified legal translator
• Provide government translation services
• Has a proven track record with companies worldwide
• Is certified to perform the translation services
Our services provide certified Malaysian translators to minimize the risk of legal errors due to improper translation of legal terms.
Why Legal Translation Services should always be used.
Legal terms can be quite complex in nature. When translating a document, every page must mirror the original text. Failure to do so can result in dismissal of the claim, fines and fees, and in some cases imprisonment.
Online generic translators may be able to provide you with the proper words. Yet, just the proper word translation is not enough when dealing with legal documents. Full translation services should be use to ensure efficiency.
Considerations that go beyond the words
Wordage is only a part of a document. Other considerations need to be addressed when performing any document translation.
• The format of the paragraphs and the document. Sections must be placed in the same sequence and in the same style as the original document. Remember, the original document must be mirrored; this includes the structure of the paper as well as the words.
• Placement Signatures, stamps, and seals are required at specific locations within the document.
• Language barriers and cultural terms. Where a translation may provide you with the proper word, it may not be the proper term. For example: If the legal document states that your hair is brown but the translation says that you have browned your hair, there is a difference in the term. One implies that you have naturally brown hair while the other implies you have dyed your hair brown.
• The Type of Legal Document. Depending upon what document is being filed, the terminology and the structure may vary. Certain documents may require additional information in one country to make the document legal.
Where you are mirroring the original document, if additional points and expounding is needed a certified translator needs to be able to accommodate this need.
Allocating translations outside of your legal department
Those which need to have translations for their business should allocate their translations to a certified service. By allocating outside of your legal department you allow your department to focus on the things that really matter.
Time spent on translating documents by legal professionals who do not know or understand the language being translated can cause errors, time, and money. Company’s legal departments should not be used as the primary translators of legal documents as they:
• Typically are not identified with translation of international documents
• Will have to outsource the translation to another legal department if they do not know the language
• Can produce errors if trying to format the document to their country’s standard
• If a legal term is unknown research and time must be allocated
• If not certified in Malaysian Translation, the courts may require that a certified translator review the documents to confirm that the legal document was mirrored correctly.
This would result in time and money being lost.
Get it translated right the first time
Omni-Translation offers certified Malaysian translators who can assist you with your legal document translation. The company has been used by several prominent companies worldwide.
Their translators have at least 5 years of experience handling documents on both the individual level as well as the business level. If you are in need of legal document translation services from an online company you can trust to deliver, we can help.
Should you have any questions about Malaysian Translators for legal documents, or any of the 30 languages which we are certified to help you in please let us know. Our website www.omni-translation.com has resources and information. You can also contact us directly.
We will be more than happy to explain our services to you and help you decide what the correct action to take is.